.Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required with a major in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related field, and a master's degree with several years of relevant experience and/or Ph.D degree.
- Laboratory experience in molecular biology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates abilities in preparing and writing of papers for publication.
- Must be able to work independently with the goal of realizing the maximum intellectual and scientific benefit for themselves and the project.
-Must have experiences of working with small animals and cell culture
-Demonstrates strong analytical skills and familiar with the mass spectrometry technology
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Is and independent researcher. Plans, coordinates and executes research projects. Works with the principal, investigator. Participates in and assists in the planning and coordination of research projects. Is independent and responsible for a specific aspect of the research project. Assists in determining the direction of the project.
Responsibility / Standard: Time Funct
1. Be thoroughly familiar with the scientific literature pertaining-to the project. 10
- On a regular basis review background literature including pertinent reprints and monthly scientific journals to keep updated an all current issues and developments.
2. In charge of and responsible for a specific area of the research project. 30
Assists in Planning and coordination of the work on the project according to protocol.
- Assists in the supervision of lower level technician personnel working on the project as needed/directed.
- Responsible for equipment and related lab supplies for the project according to protocol requirements.
-Monitors the handling , storage and disposal of hazardous substances.
3. Perform independent studies.
-independently performs a wide range of highly technical and complex research and laboratory tests and procedures 40
- Interpret and evaluate data for protocol.
- Assists in developing, and implementing procedures as needed.
- Conceive and design research protocols as directed.
4. Assist with grant proposals progress reports and scientific paper for publication.
- An required by grant submission schedules, Assist in the writing of proposals and its submission.
- Once per year, as required by the granting agency, assist in writing progress reports pertaining to the project.
- Assist in the preparation of and writing of papers, related to the work on the project, for publication in scientific journals as needed.
Responsibility/Standard for non - managers:
1.Responds promptly and positively to patients, families, associates, and all others in a respectful, courteous and confidential manner.
* Maintains identifiable/professional attire at all times, including using nametags and ID cards.
* Answers telephone calls within three rings 95% of the time.
* Respects confidentiality of patients and co-workers in all circumstances 100% of the time.
* Greets patients, families, co-workers and others in a calm, professional, friendly manner; makes eye contact,
initiates conversation, and identifies self by name.
2.Follows hospital and department procedures and policies, including but not limited to patient safety, mandatory education, confidentiality, attendance, etc.
* Attends mandatory sessions/meetings/in-services 100% of the time.
* Adheres to attendance policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of CHOP and department policies and procedures.
* Reviews policy and procedure updates from managers and CHOP.
3.Provides or facilitates a clean, safe, quiet and secure environment for all patients, families, and fellow employees.
* Reports any incident that seems unusual/deficient to supervisor and/or Security.
* Corrects and/or reports unsafe, unsecured or unclean environment to supervisor and/or Environmental, Health and Safety, or Facilities departments.
* Always takes breaks away from patient and family areas.
* Keeps self and work area neat and organized.
4.Participates collaboratively in staff meetings, committees, projects and teams to resolve conflicts and meet institutional goals.
* Attends staff meetings as requested 100% of the time. Is recognized as an informed participant or committee
member by peers. Completes assignments on time 100% of the time.
* Reviews and contributes to the attainment of departmental and CHOP goals annually.
* Participates and contributes to team projects.
* Demonstrates knowledge of constant quality improvement values and participates in CHOP and departmental
Quality Improvement initiatives.
5.Identifies own learning needs and obtains necessary education to meet requirements of position.
* Attends mandatory education programs 100% of the time.
* Documents and reports all necessary education and training.
* Attends CCD classes or pursues outside education.
* Applies education and training to daily work to enhance job knowledge and skills.
* Reviews learning needs with supervisor to set individual education and learning goals annually
6.Follows CHOP and departmental cost control standards: monitors usage of supplies and equipment to eliminate or minimize waste and/or misuse.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 20 months ago
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...