ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ValueOptions ® is a health improvement company that serves more than 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government agencies, we manage innovative programs and solutions that directly address the challenges our health care system faces today. A national leader in the fields of mental and emotional wellbeing, recovery and resilience, employee assistance, and wellness, ValueOptions helps people make the difficult life changes needed to be healthier and more productive. With offices nationwide and a network of more than 130,000 provider locations, ValueOptions helps people take important steps in the right direction. We help them live their lives to the fullest potential.
ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
At ValueOptions, it’s more than a job. Our employees embrace our vision of helping people lead healthier lives. Our 3,100 employees enjoy challenging career growth in an environment that values integrity, innovation, consumer engagement and joint accountability. At ValueOptions we strive to build a boundless culture and community of professionals that includes honest, open and free-flowing communication. Our employees are passionate about the work we do.
If you have a passion to make a difference and a thirst to actively develop your knowledge and skills, join the ValueOptions team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Researcher to join our team at our office in Arlington, VA . The Researcher will match the caller’s identified need and criteria with available resources meeting minimum requirements of the department and expanding on this requirement to obtain personalized, confirmed, matched referrals when requested.
Education : Bachelor’s degree preferred but qualifying experience may be considered as alternative to degree
- Provide the highest quality of service to providers and internal & external customers by maintaining proper standards for provider and customer interactions.
- Provide assistance, services, resource, referrals, consultation, and follow-up on various EAP and work/life issues to military service members and their families who are experiencing personal and other problems.
- Maintain the highest degree of sensitivity, compassion, and respect for service members and their families and ensure that ValueOptions remains free of any political bias and will ensure consistency of service regardless of installation, location, or any other factor.
- Research and identify new providers for recruitment into the ValueOptions provider network.
- Conduct research utilizing a pre-populated database to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts; other resources may be used, such as atlases, research files, Internet, library, archives, collections, print directories, and zip code books.
- Develops and maintains ability to be well versed in working on multiple search requests simultaneously involving different workflows, resources, issues, knowledge and level of expertise. Completes the required amount of searches per day in a timely fashion.
- Assess the members’ level of satisfaction with services provided by administering a survey via telephone conversation or email correspondence.
- Document all case activity into the Military OneSource Case Management System.
- Offer verbal and/or written correspondence with department Point of Contacts, Research Supervisors, Managers, and training and quality assurance departments to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the protocols.
- Maintain personal queue as evidenced by tracking and appropriately replying to and satisfying the requests of service members and their families. Manage time utilizing Outlook Calendar and adhere to team meetings and/or training schedules.
- Participates in, and contributes as a member of a team that continuously reviews best practices and values an atmosphere of customer focus. Strives for continual improvement in professional and personal development.
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum two (2) years EAP/Customer Service or one and one half (1 ½) years’ experience working in a phone environment (i.e. call center, outbound calls, inbound calls, phone counseling). Experience writing detailed reports on information researched and general business correspondence as well as presenting information and responding to questions from consultants, groups, managers, clients and general public. Experience in a customer service setting, including answering/talking to customers on the phone.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
Must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to speak english.
- MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook
- Ability to type documents quickly and error free
- Demonstrated ability to creatively research available community resources
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Follow this link to be taken to our Job Board, where you can create a profile and apply for the position:
ValueOptions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.
Value Options - 17 months ago
ValueOptions is a health improvement company that serves 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government...