LOCATION OF POSITION
DHMH, Developmental Disabilities Administration, Secure Evaluation and Therapeutic Treatment (SETT) Units, Jessup or Sykesville, MD.
Main Purpose of Job
This position functions at a lead level of work and is responsible for providing care, custody and guidance for court ordered individuals with intellectual disabilities that may have co-existing mental disorders residing on the Secure Evaluation and Therapeutic Treatment (SETT) Units. The goal of the SETT is to promote personal growth and productivity by enhancing each individual's skills and decreasing or eliminating maladaptive or socially unacceptable behaviors to facilitate movement to the most integrated, least restrictive setting approved by the court. The SETT Program has two locations - the Jessup SETT (12 beds), an evaluation unit and the Sykesville SETT (20 beds), a long term unit for individuals in need of care and treatment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in work assisting in the care, custody and guidance of court-ordered developmentally disabled individuals in treatment facilities or community based programs.
Notes: 1. Additional experience assisting in the care, treatment habilitation or
rehabilitation of developmentally disabled, mentally ill, physically ill or aged individuals in treatment facilities or community based programs may substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education from an accredited college or university with coursework specializing in health or human services, behavioral sciences, or criminal justice may be substituted at a rate of 30 credit hours for one year of experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training and maintain current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in some positions may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day, and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period. For Recorded Job Information, call: 410-767-6018.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
State of Maryland - 2 years ago