The Respiratory Therapist, Neonatal will utilize and be competent in all of the clinical skills performed by a Respiratory Therapist Neonatal to include pediatric and newborn patient care. The Respiratory Therapist, Neonatal will have the additional training and competency necessary to work under minimal supervision in a level II neonatal nursery unit. The Respiratory Therapist, Neonatal will maintain competency and/or certification to perform all patient care activities according to NICU and Respiratory Care policy and procedure. Airway management & intubation of the newborn as well as ventilator management are considered core competencies, which are established during the orientation process and annually thereafter. The neonatal therapist will also assist in the training of new NICU therapists. The therapist will provide assistance to the NICU nursing staff as necessary and assume charge duties as assigned by the Respiratory Care Director.
- 2 years of formal education beyond HS or Associates degree
PLEASE NOTE: For all positions NCH Healthcare System requires supporting documentation such as a diploma, degree or transcripts to support educational requirements of the position.
- Minimum or one year clinical experience including ventilator management with RRT or CRT registry.
- Previous experience in a level II nursery or greater is preferred.
- Florida Respiratory Therapist licensure is required.
- Must have successfully completed NBRC examination for Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist.
- Must possess and maintain basic life support status with the American Heart Association.
- NRP Required. ACLS & PALS certification is highly recommended.
NCH Healthcare System - 23 months ago