Work among the best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is hallmark of an academic medical center. In our collaborative environment which includes physicians, nurses, and therapists, teams serve specific areas of medicine. The team approach promotes consistency of care for patients, as well as develops relationships among the therapists. The hospital offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Respiratory Therapist RRT.
- Administers all respiratory care for the more complex and difficult critical care patients.
- Evaluates and assesses the patient's condition and takes appropriate action.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team to effectively perform multidisciplinary functions.
- Maintains positive working relations especially under high levels of stress.
- Educates patients and family members regarding cardio-respiratory topics, medications, equipment, and procedures.
- Assists with training of students and orientation of new employees.
- Fulfills call duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Respiratory Care. Bachelor's or Master's degree is preferred.
- RCP license from State of Kansas Board of Healing Arts.
- RRT credentialed from the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- 6 months experience in critical respiratory care is preferred.
- Must have basic life support (BLS) certification.
- Required to have an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Supoort (PALS), or Neonatal Resuscitation Program and Life Support (NRP) within 3 months of hire.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -