This is a Courtyard Bistro Server position, not a traditional restaurant server job. Please carefully review the Position Summary below.
Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking equipment doors, etc. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Take orders from customers, input orders into micros, and obtain payment and provide change. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Prepare food, coffee and other beverages, including alcohol. Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Process all orders and collect payment from customers. Provide assistance in Food and Beverage areas including busing, cleaning and resetting tables, delivering food to guests, general cleaning of food and beverage prep areas and other areas within the lobby area. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended time period. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the Restaurant. b) all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant. c) all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation. d) P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned, some of which may include: a) Fold napkins. b) Set tables . c) Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
- Take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Prepare and serve drinks for guests according to specified recipes usinf measuring systems.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (TIPs).
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to Supervisor.
Education & Experience:
1. Must have good understanding of the English language.
2. Good verbal and written communication skills.
3. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
4. Compute basic arithmetic.
5. Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
3. Certification in an alcohol awareness program.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job