The Manager, Retail Marketing is responsible for generating hyper-local marketing initiatives for the expanding FLOR store network. The manager will need to build the local program for existing stores from first principles and manage it on an ongoing basis, and will also be responsible for the delivery of successful new store openings, all in keeping with the FLOR brand standards and experience, and in alignment with FLOR store financial deliverables.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire to learn and grow within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. A high level of detail orientation, proactivity, flexibility, creative problem-solving and communication is a must in this position.
• Design, develop and monitor from first principles hyper local marketing efforts for all existing stores to augment national marketing efforts. All efforts drive to generating store traffic and revenue. A focus on events and grassroots opportunities in local markets is core to this position.
• Identify and engage opportunities with new local partners across targeted communities (e.g. design professionals, consumer segment interest groups, etc) to drive qualified traffic into the retail stores; Build relationships with targeted communities
• Manage/coordinate new store launches for the marketing team, working collaboratively with and drawing on the disciplines within the FLOR marketing team as needed
• Maintain the local Store marketing schedule for each store, and ensure a coordinated and integrated execution for all FLOR marketing campaigns for localized single-market Store events/efforts, national/network Store efforts and FLOR national brand marketing.
• Work collaboratively within the FLOR Marketing team to support and promote the FLOR Stores in alignment with the FLOR brand promise and value proposition
• Serve as the voice of the store network on the marketing team. E.g.
• Collect and sharing store-specific feedback to help inform/adjust the overall marketing plan as necessary (e.g. reactions to store merchandising and marketing campaigns, etc.)
• Ensure merchandising and marketing collateral continually enhance the sales and design processes, consumer experience, and store profitability
• Contribute to the development and delivery of FLOR’s overall brand marketing initiatives as required
• Assist in the implementation of FLOR’s overall marketing plan through the retail channel by working with store personnel to execute integrated marketing campaigns
• Ensure local sales associates understand and internalize all marketing initiatives, whether local-store, network-wide or brand initiatives
• Drive continuous improvement of all store marketing efforts; closely monitor the performance of all store marketing programs, identify and analyze trends and recommend adjustments as needed to store marketing activities, campaigns, and other branded efforts;
• Drive the achievement of operating income plans through effective and efficient marketing resource investment;
• •Direct and measure the effectiveness of Store marketing efforts, focusing on localized store activity;
• •Work with the FLOR Marketing team to understand and measure the impact of all marketing activities as they relate to the FLOR Stores and to understand potential cross-channel impacts;
• Aid in the development of annual and monthly budgets.
• •In coordination with the FLOR Marketing team, develop annual retail store and marketing strategies, tactics and measurements;
• •Manage relationships with store managers to deliver localized marketing events & activities
• •Work with the creative team to support retail store marketing efforts;
• Work as an integrated member of the FLOR marketing team
• Stay abreast of best-in-class retail marketing tactics in order to maximize Store performance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Minimum of 2 years previous marketing experience, preferably local retail store marketing experience with a consumer brand
2. Effective communicator; Team-player, Self starter, proactive and entrepreneurial;
3. Four-year college degree