Will be a member of the 335F GPS Systems Group and will report to the Group Supervisor. Will be responsible for the following:
• Test, debug, and deliver multi-frequency, electronically steered antennas for use on satellites,
• Apply broad knowledge in field to debug and deliver low noise figure RF receiver system designs at L-band
• Design RF receivers optimized for precise radiometric measurements.
• Debug and validate antenna and RF designs by devising, conducting, and documenting effective test strategies.
• Interact with electronics parts suppliers as required to source components, and with satellite building industrial collaborators to accommodate the antennas used on flight GNSS receivers.
• Lead team to deliver flight antennas for future flight GNSS receivers, and will be accountable for team results on such projects and assignments, including performance standards, budget and schedule.
Designs and develops circuits used in electronic devices. Responsible for integrated circuit or printed wire board design, device evaluation and characterization, circuit analysis, test and support equipment design, prototype construction and checkout. Designs electronics subsystems and system architecture and develops requirements and specification. Develops advanced technology for use in electronics components and systems. Prepares test methods and specifications; analyzes equipment to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests; provides final equipment approval, and prepares documentation and user information. Researches, develops, designs, and tests electronic components, equipment, technology, systems and networks. May include specifying, designing and testing for compatibility with applicable electromagnetic environments.
• Analyzes and interprets highly complex data for RF or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, or products
• Specifies and develops highly complex analysis, SW simulations, and HW test to verify RF system functionality and components and circuits design
• Designs and provides evaluation analysis and recommendations in the highly complex RF components and circuits
• Applies advanced knowledge in field to analyze, assess, and evaluate the performance of current highly complex RF components, sub-systems, and systems
• Implements, delivers and infuses new technology including documentation of requirements, progress, test results
• Develops specified V&V plans and verifies requirements
• Applies advance knowledge in field to develop test procedures and methods from detailed test plans and requirements
• Partners with other engineers or project personnel to perform cross-disciplines trade studies and analysis of alternatives through application of discipline-specific expertise
• Performs complex and wide-ranging job functions and activities across disciplines.
• Works independently on key projects and assignments with only limited direction, typically receiving few or no instructions.
• Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives and institutional goals have been met.
• Responsible for approving others’ work, and ensuring compliance with requirements, on key projects and assignments.
• As a team leader, accountable for team results on such projects and assignments, including performance standards, budget and schedule.
• Actions and decisions will have a significant positive impact on a multifunctional organization due to creation of new business opportunities, mission success, technology breakthroughs, and improvements in processes or methods.
• Failures to achieve results or erroneous decisions will have a substantial adverse impact on team or functional organization’s ability to achieve major project objectives.
• Leads a team for a project activity, or function within scope of assigned responsibility.
• Mentors and coaches others internal and external to organization.
• Regular use of creativity and innovation to address critical issues.
• Analysis of situation or data requires identification, review and interpretation of highly complex factors as well as decisions as to policies, procedures and practices.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to critical problems and determining appropriate resolutions.
• Interactions normally involve presenting, validating and analyzing complex information.
• Initiates interaction with colleagues or functional partners outside own organization on a frequent basis.
• Frequent interaction with industry partners and other NASA centers.
• Serves as an essential team member on teams inside or outside organization, project, activity or function.
• Typically leads teams.
• Bachelors degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: RF engineering, including antenna range testing, low-noise circuit debugging, and use of test equipment such as; Network / Spectrum / Noise Figure Analyzers, Signal Generators, O-Scopes, and Power Meters.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in antenna design, testing, and debugging.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in documentation control, schematic flow, systems requirement flow and verification
• Ability to work closely with Quality Assurance & Systems Engineering during testing and delivery of sub systems to customer.
• Strong written and oral communications.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Test documentation, procedural writing, updating/review, drawing modifications, redlining and feedback on released documentation, and understanding of document control.
• RF equipment debug skills, using appropriate test equipment.
If you'd like to discover new worlds with our innovative team and enjoy a competitive salary and impressive benefits with the renowned leader in space exploration, apply now!
If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer devoted to work force diversity.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory - 8 months ago