Full time position to perform (under nominal direction) a variety of
general research and related administrative tasks supporting a
laboratory in the Department of Chemistry at City College New York.
The laboratory is interested in the structural and functional
investigations of biological assemblies involved in the
replication/repair of DNA.
Provide general molecular biology support including PCR, cloning,
over-expression, and purification of recombinant proteins prepared
in E. coli.
• Assist with laboratory experiments;
• Collect, summarize and report on relevant data;
• May assist with the design of experiments, performs related
• May process orders and other simple administrative activities;
• Participate in weekly group meetings and journal clubs.
Salary: $22,000 - $35,000
• B.S. in Chemistry or Biology with some laboratory experience.
• Experience with recombinant DNA methods, and purification of
• Ability to use applicable computer technologies.
• Excellent organizational, communication, computer and
interpersonal skills are required.