The RFP Associate reports to the Manager of the RFP Team and works closely with all members of the Client Service Department to create investment management proposals.
We are looking for individuals who possess high initiative and have demonstrated the ability to work in a strong team environment. The optimal candidate must have excellent writing skills, intermediate knowledge of Excel (e.g., pivot tables, vlook up, user defined functions, etc), experience with Bloomberg, be detail-oriented, and possess strong communication and organizational skills. Must be able to handle a heavy, deadline-oriented workload.
- Development, preparation and oversight of customized responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs) from prospective and existing clients; questionnaires for consultants; special requests for clients; and regular and ad hoc reports for Client Service, Marketing and Consultant Executives from emanation to completion.
- Work closely with Product Managers and subject matter experts from different departments to craft language to be used in all RFP responses, and develop specific reports.
- Update and maintain Consultant Databases with product-specific and company information.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly data files for departmental use (e.g., AUM by sector , client and account gain/loss, portfolio characteristics, etc).
- Use of Qvidian RFP software, Microsoft Word and Excel for document preparation, and various custom Firm software for other data.
- Interface across departments to resolve issues (e.g., resolving data consistency issues between CS/Marketing and Investment Support departments).
- Cultivation of relationships with Product Managers, Client Service Executives, and other departments to facilitate responses needed to complete the RFP process (product knowledge is a plus).
- Excellent writing skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and strong quantitative skills
- Strong organization skills and a keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Undergraduate degree or equivalent. Previous RFP experience a plus.
Legg Mason's feats include wealth management and mutual fund management. The financial services firm has several subsidiaries that...