Guided by knowledge of the basic principles of nursing based on the biological, physical, and psycho-social sciences, utilizes judgment supported by evidence and nursing theory in the delivery of nursing care. Provides, coordinates and/or delegates nursing care and manages resources in the delivery of care for patients, the family of patients and the community, with the goal of attaining, maintaining and restoring optimum health.
1. Education and Training
- Graduate of a school of nursing and current license to practice registered nursing in the State of Ohio
- BSN preferred
- Certification of specialty area desired. Must obtain within two years of employment
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Per Diem RN’s – At least one year recent experience in the area of practice required.
- Weekend Option and Float RN’s - Two years of related RN experience required.
- Critical Care Float RN’s - Experience must include intensive care and/or coronary care.
- Telemetry Float RN’s - Experience must include telemetry.
- Additional related previous experience and/or preparation maybe required for specialty units.
- Maintains current Basic Life Support Certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
- All nurses must successfully complete Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification through the AHA within the first year and maintain current card
- Experienced critical care RNs and RNs hired as per diems in critical care, PACU, and ED must successfully complete Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification through the AHA within six months and maintain current card
- Nurses in the Emergency Department, PACU and Urgent Care will be required complete PALS certification through the AHA within the first year of employment
- Oncology Infusion nurses must have current certifications for Chemo-Biotherapy and the Oncology Nurse Certification (ONC) through the Oncology Nurse Society
- Basic computer experience and knowledge
Western Reserve Hospital
- 3 years ago - save job
Western Reserve Hospital is the only full-service, physician-owned and operated hospital in Northeast Ohio. A 100% patient-centered...