HEALTHCARE PARTNERS MEDICAL GROUP, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners, Inc. (DVA: NYSE), is a top-rated southern-California medical group and is widely recognized for its achievements in clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Founded in 1992, we have grown to provide care for more than 660,000 patients throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties. We own and operate 66 medical offices, and our affiliated physician network consists of more than 6,000 primary care physicians and specialists who represent the diversity of the areas we serve. HealthCare Partners also owns urgent care centers, walk-in care centers, and ambulatory surgery centers. In addition, we operate affiliated physician groups in Florida, Nevada, and New Mexico. HealthCare Partners has been recognized nationally for healthcare innovation and excellence.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, HealthCare Partners may be the employer for you. HealthCare Partners was voted one of the “Best Places to Work” in Los Angeles County and Orange County in 2012.
HealthCare Partners may be the employer for you. We are currently seeking a RN, Employee Health:
Responsible for managing all employee health programs for the organization. Communicates to appropriate staff, treating clinician and management team regarding employee health status for potential employee candidates, annual health screenings and vaccinations and assists with coordination and monitoring of all employee health exposures. Collects data and analyzes employee health and infection prevention quality indicators. Works with Human Resources and the Temporary Staffing Unit (TSU) management team in designing curriculum and conducting training for newly hired clinical staff.
· Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
· Works with Human Resources and the clinic staff to schedule pre-placement evaluations and provide appropriate follow-up attention to the findings of pre-employment physical examinations through an electronic medical records system.
· Schedules and assists in coordinating immunizations and testing clinics telephonically and through the electronic medical records system for pre-placement, annual and post exposure testing which includes MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, TDAP, flu vaccine, respiratory fit testing and tuberculin testing.
· Works with the Risk Management and infection control physician to assist with the employee health infection control.
· Manages employee database and medical records specific to each employee for seasonal influenza, MMR, Varicella, Tdap vaccinations, new hire and annual TB screenings and N95 medical screening status.
· Conducts blood borne pathogen and HIPAA training for New Employee Orientation.
· Reviews employee charts for periodic or special audits.
· Councils employees on health-related matters.
· Maintains daily, personal and telephonic contact with clinic ancillary services (such as radiology, clinical laboratories, EKG) with reference to employee test reports.
· Conducts education and training with employees and managers relating to employee health.
· Compiles and analyzes employee health data and generate reports for management review.
· Prepares and distributes required forms for employee health screenings.
· Facilitates and evaluates the clinical competencies of all new hires within the Temporary Staffing Unit (TSU).
· Designs curriculum and conducts training for TSU newly hired clinical staff.
· Provides clinical oversight of the 2 week preceptor training for new hires.
· Assists with the four week clinical validation and competencies for TSU new hires.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Current California RN license.
- Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years of experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in an accountable capacity within employee health services, out-patient hospital setting, health center or health agency.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and the ability to learn and navigate proprietary database systems.
- Ability to perform internet and other database searches for research.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Statistical analysis skills.
- Knowledge of employee health services.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate medical claims.
- Ability to prioritize and respond quickly to high risk issues.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience as a Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN-S)
Since 1992, HealthCare Partners has been committed to developing innovative models of healthcare delivery that improve our patients' quality...