As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey.
From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life’s ever-changing landscape.
We’ll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
The HospiceHelp24 Field RN is responsible for assessing and identifying patient/family needs occurring outside normal business hours using a palliative and supportive nursing process for new and existing patients/families in coordination with the plan of care and Interdisciplinary Group (IDG).
· Current Florida license as RN, or current licensure from another state plus a temporary Florida permit.
· Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance in the State of Florida.
· Reliable transportation to meet visit schedule.
· Minimum one (1) year in-patient nursing, hospice, or home health experience.
· Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English.
· Flexible schedule to meet the needs of hospice patients.
· Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring for terminally ill patients and their families.
· Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job with or without reasonable acco
· Assess patient/family and identify immediate needs and appropriate nursing interventions.
· Provide and manage direct care to patients and families as part of Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), incorporating psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, physical and biological components, and appropriate nursing intervention and follow-up.
· Demonstrate clinical skills regarding: case management, application of company policy and procedure, physical assessment, intravenous therapies, pain medication titration, symptom management, and patient/family relationships.
· Consult, refer, and collaborate with other professionals to promote quality and continuity of patient/family care.
· Take verbal orders from physicians, ARNPs and physician’s assistants.
· Educate patient, family, caregivers and other health professionals about disease process and decline, palliative interventions, care giving, dying process and safety practices.
· Report changes in the patient’s condition to appropriate members of the IDG or other health professionals.
· Attend patient deaths; prepare body for transport; oversee disposal of medications.
· Provide appropriate bereavement interventions to the family and caregiver in conjunction with psychosocial staff.
· Accept responsibility and is accountable for nursing actions: demonstrate an understanding of the legal consequences of nursing actions; request supervision when needed; perform within the guidelines established by the Florida Nurse Practice Act.
· Document assessment, plan, intervention and evaluation on appropriate Company forms with accuracy, timeliness, legibility, professional terminology and awareness of legal and regulatory implications.
· Document patient condition and decline to support hospice and level of care appropriateness.
· Present concise and pertinent oral and written reports to IDG; respect and encourage input from all disciplines.
· Communicate accurately and completely to physicians, staff members, patients, families, and supervisors; utilize positive approaches when working with others.
· Supervise patient care given by other nursing team members; i.e., LPNs, hospice aides, and contract nurses.
· Exemplify behaviors supportive of internal mission statement.
· Schedule nursing visits, in conjunction with HospiceHelp24 Phone RN, based on patient/family needs.
· Participate in orienting new staff, students, volunteers and board members.
· Participate on committees and projects, as assigned.
· Act as a resource to peers, students, orientees and other staff members.
· Participate in activities and professional development that enhance hospice nursing skills.
· Participate in the broad education process of the Company, both to the medical and lay communities.
· Attend department meetings as part of their routine work schedule.
· Pursue own professional growth through attendance at required in-services and other educational offerings.
· Establish professional goals for self and continually evaluate self in the attainment of these goals.
· Utilize supplies, equipment, medications, laboratory and patient therapies within the Company philosophy.
· Employ palliative and home care management modalities in care of the patient prior to hospitalization.
· Demonstrate knowledge of payment structures and paperwork necessary to change financial classes.
· Duties as assigned by the HospiceHelp24 Manager or Clinical Team Leader.*
Chapters Health System - 2 years ago
Our Mission: Serving People With Compassion and Dignity
Our Vision: To Provide the Exceptional Hospice Experience