Directs and monitors patient care activities under general direction, in collaboration with nurse managers. Assigns work, monitors and develops work performance of caregivers in assigned area. Assumes responsibility for resource allocation during assigned shift. Applies systematic problem solving approach in developing, implementing and evaluating plans for patient flow/placement and efficiency for patient care outcomes and satisfaction. Facilitates admissions, transfers, and discharges by interacting with bed control, multiple departments, nursing management, nursing staff and social services, physicians, other agencies, etc. accountable for verification of census reconciliation.
Formal Education Required:
Experience & Training Required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing or a school accepted for candidacy status from an accrediting body.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Ohio
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Three (3) years related professional experience
- One (1) year in a supervisory capacity
Occasional weekends, occasional holidays.
- Ability to work assigned alternate shift weekends
- Ability to problem-solve in clinically complex situations
- Excellent communication, leadership, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment by accepting and offering honest and constructive feedback, supporting team goals and encouraging fellow team members
- Competencies in assigned area of responsibility are determined by divisional leadership
- Population Specific Competency: ability to effectively interact with patients/customers with the understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
11:00 p - 7:30 a
Summa Health System - 14 months ago
Acute care hospitals plus a network of outpatient and primary care clinics plus a health care plan yields the sum of Summa Health System....