The RN Admissions Coordinator is responsible for providing high quality patient/resident care services and to increase their satisfaction by facilitating and managing all aspects of the nursing and customer experience of the admission process including but not limited to: assessment of patients/residents upon admission for appropriateness of admission, coverage and level of care determination; communication with internal staff regarding coverage and contract details; proactively work with multidisciplinary team to manage care, costs and discharge planning; and utilization review for all payer types, including Medicare, Managed Care and other third party payer systems.
- Registered nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she practices.
- Previous admissions/or intake experience preferred. Long term care, acute care or subacute experience, preferred
- Knowledge of MDS, payer systems and contracts (Medicare, HMO’s, Managed Care, Third Party Payer Systems)
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in marketing, sales and community outreach.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and abilities to handle multiple priorities accurately and time to facilitate customer and program needs.
- Experience in human relations, sensitivity to persons in crisis, good listening skills. Ability to handle inquiries and relate well with referral sources, prospective patients/residents and families, and to handle confidential information and admission records
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs, including but not limited to weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes and Services - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of...