As a Care Coordinator within the Surgery Clinic you will provide a deliberate patient and family centered partnership with the healthcare team that facilitates a seamless patient experience between the Inpatient and Outpatient settings. The Care Coordinator works to maximize the patient’s health outcomes and the patient experience by identifying patient and family needs, completing pre-visit planning, supporting the clinic visit and providing closure to the clinic visits. Works to develop and support a coordinated plan of care between visits to promote a smooth transition for patients and family across the healthcare continuum that instills a sense of trust and patient advocacy. This position will work within the Hepato-Biliary Clinic. This position will be located on the UofM East Bank Campus.
In order to qualify for this role you must possess:
- Minnesota RN Licensure
- 3+ years of clinical nursing experience
- Proven ability to function at highest level within scope of practice.
- Patient education and pro-active disease management experience
- Excellent assessment and care coordination skills
- Proven experience with an EMR system
- Keyboarding/computer skills
- BSN or MSN
- Previous experience working in Gastroenterology
- Patient advocacy experience. Patient population specific certification
- Previous inpatient care experience
- Previous experience providing patient and family centered care and care coordination across the healthcare continuum
- Ability to work in multiple computer systems
As a UMPhysicians employee, we will provide you with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. You will have the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement. EEO/AA