Care Initiatives Hospice, a division of Care Initiatives, one of the largest health networks in the state of Iowa, is currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse Case Manager to provide hands-on, high quality, end-of-life care in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and surrounding areas. Care Initiatives Hospice of Cedar Rapids services patients in their homes and in long-term care facilities. These RN positions require a caring, dynamic individual with a minimum of 2 years clinical experience. Teamwork and flexibility is a must! Competitive pay, health benefits, and paid time off provided. Employees working 30+ hours are eligible for health insurance benefits. Visit: www.CareInitiativesHospice.org or contact Kristina Carte, Team Director, at 319-390-4161, or send a resume to: KCarte@CareInitiatives.org
2 yrs related experience required. Hospice experience preferred.
We are seeking compassionate individuals with flexibility in scheduling, a valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance. Drug screen required.
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
Position reports to: Team Director
- Provide clinical skilled nursing services to Care Initiatives Hospice patients.
- Manage and supervise services of licensed practical nurses.
- Manage and supervise services of hospice aides/homemakers.
- Registered nursing education.
- Current, valid Iowa registered nurse license.
- Current Iowa driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Obtains Hospice and Palliative Registered Nurse Certification (CHPN) within 24 months of employment (required for full and part-time staff only; optional for casual employees).
- Knowledge of care of the terminally ill.
- Minimum two year recent clinical experience in hospice, home-care, medical/surgical, oncology or public health nursing.
Full-time Benefits (32+ hours/week):
- Demonstrated tactful, supportive and sensitive approach to patient/family/caregiver needs.
- Ability to plan, organize and utilize patient/family teaching principles regarding health care needs.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, plan and organize.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to access businesses and patient homes.
- Ability to provide lifting, turning and ambulatory assistance to patients.
< BACK TO AVAILABLE OPENINGS
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Anniversary Bonus Program
Care Initiatives - 18 months ago