RN Case Manager Openings - Multiple Locations
WILLCARE, a successful regional leader in the home health care industry, currently has job openings for RN Case Managers in Multiple Branch Locations . In business for over 25 years, WILLCARE operates Certified/Medicare, Long Term Care, Licensed/Private Duty, as well as non-medical services and supplemental staffing agencies. We provide qualified skilled and non-skilled services focusing on preventative, rehabilitative and therapeutic care to our clients in all applicable settings. We have branch offices in Western NY, Hudson Valley NY, Connecticut, and Ohio.
Job Title: RN Case Manager
Job Locations: Buffalo NY, Jamestown NY, Wellsville NY, Newburgh NY, Kingston NY, Cleveland OH, Akron OH, New Haven CT, Waterbury CT, and Wethersfield CT
Job Department: Certified - Nursing
RN CASE MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
Utilize the nursing process to provide for optimum quality and continuity of nursing care. Demonstrate the core nursing competencies established by the Agency to ensure effective and efficient care on an ongoing basis. Function as a Case Manager for a group of assigned patients/families.
RN CASE MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to the scope of practice for Registered Professional Nurse per State regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrate appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent clinical decisions in routine patient care matters.
- Promote the level of clinical expertise required of staff to provide safe, high quality nursing care.
- Remain flexible and responsive when changes occur in patient activity and workload.
- Perform appropriate documentation to maintain the standards set by the Agency or Fiscal intermediary.
- Monitor visit frequency and duration by reviewing physicians’ orders and comparing to the Plan of Care and documentation.
- Foster an environment for open communication and collaborative practice.
- Evaluate / assist in evaluation of appropriateness of Plan of Care and revise on an ongoing basis with communication to all other disciplines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of therapeutic action, side effects and interaction of medications.
- Plan, teach, supervise and counsel regarding physical care measures to promote improvement / recover, symptom / complication management, expected disease progression, social / emotional care and community resources.
- Act as a comprehensive care coordinator for patients assigned to his / her care, assessing the patients needs accordingly and facilitate communication amongst other clinicians providing care.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs of the patient including outcome and assessment information.
- Complete and submit all required documentation within established Agency guidelines.
- Review results of laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures and report to MD appropriately.
- Supervise and direct assigned LPN’s and aides per Federal, State and Local regulations and Agency policy.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining compliance according to Federal, State and Local regulations and Agency policies and procedures.
- Identify significant clinical findings, make conclusions and intervene appropriately.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status.
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Provide the care needed as described in the Agency’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement a realistic individualized Plan of Care (Physician’s Plan of Care, Home Health Aid Plan of Care) for each patient, evaluate and revise this plan as necessary.
- Compare assessment data to baseline assessment to monitor patient’s progress. Recognize alterations in function, including life-threatening situations. Intervene and document appropriately.
- Participate in development of patient goals and discharge plans as well as make revisions to these based on the changes in patient status.
- Initiate patient education based on identified learning needs of the patient and / or those providing care. Document appropriately.
- Prioritize nursing visits based on the patient’s health status and anticipated needs.
- Demonstrate the skill and judgment necessary to implement physician orders, nursing procedures and nursing interventions.
- Assume on-call responsibilities as per on-call needs.
- Implement physicians orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, College or University.
- Must possess at least one of the following combinations of education & experience: a. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BSN) or a health or human services field; OR b.Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing plus two years of certified home health care nursing experience.
- Currently licensed and registered to practice with the State Board of Nursing.
- One (1) year experience in medical/surgical nursing required.
- Home Health experience preferred.
- Current BLS certification.*
- Demonstrates leadership, organization and communication expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*Requirement for Pediatric and IV cases only.
For additional details, see:
JOB DESCRIPTION (click to open PDF file)
WILLCARE - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
WILLCARE is a family-owned, independent, proprietary, regional leader in the home health care field. And we've been doing a pretty good job...