Under the general supervision of the unit's Director or designee the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for the direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when he/she is on duty.
Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Inc - 18 months ago
Corpus Christi Medical Center
Corpus Christi, TX
- 30+ days ago