Responsible for the clinical practice and management of the department. Responsibilities include directing, supervising, and coordinating of the department. Collaborates with staff, management and physicians to ensure quality patient care is being provided with optimum patient outcomes. Provides leadership, motivation and vision necessary to ensure continued quality patient care.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of personnel in assigned unit to ensure adequate staffing needs, hiring process and implementation of policies and procedures in an appropriate manner.
- Meets regularly with the unit director and staff to review performance, identify and solve problems and promote efficiency and safety within assigned area.
- Monitors and modifies business plan according to shifts in demand for services and resource availability and communicates the plan to staff and others involved.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all patient/personnel, and institutional information.
- Demonstrates effective teaching techniques, applying adult learning principles and provides orientation/education for staff, students, and other hospitals.
- Maintains a broad knowledge base of unit practice and associated health care literature within specialty/focus.
- Ensures that the competence of staff is assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains knowledge and competence in areas of management and clinical practice. Demonstrates flexibility from management to clinical.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance clinical experience.
- Utilizes ongoing system that effectively manages material and supply usage.
- Utilizes effective communication skills with health care members and patient/family.
- Adaptable to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint.
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
- Two years recent RN experience with 2 years progressive management experience required.
- State Registered Nurse licence required.
- BLS required.
- ACLS preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers. CB\
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Nursing - RN
WI-South Milwaukee-Franciscan Villa
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...