Pelican Valley Health Center is looking for a 32 hour/week RN to manage services provided at Riverfront Manor and our new assisted living location. Hours would be split between both campuses. The role of the Home Care Manager, RN is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met through visits with the residents and staff. The Home Care Manager, RN will ensure that staff is trained in medical procedures and policies which are current and up-to-date. The Home Care Manager, RN will also ensure that the facility is in compliance with current regulations and standards. Must be able to relate professionally with residents, staff and family members, display a positive work attitude and be able to work as a team with other staff members. The RN Home Care Manager will rotate call within a pool of other Ecumen RN's and be on call approximately once a week every 4 to 6 weeks.
Skills & Requirements
1. Initial assessment of potential residents to assure that their needs will be met.
2. Completes assessment with-in two weeks of admission.
3. Implements service agreements with all residents upon move-in. Reviews and revises service agreements needed and as outlined in Home Care regulation.
4. Assures residents have up-to-date care plans.
5. Monitors and maintains resident charts and clinical progress notes.
6. Communicates to housing manager, business office manager, physicians and other personnel (county caseworkers) changes in resident needs or conditions.
7. Facilitates coordination of resident services with other service providers.
8. Is responsible for ordering medications and all medication renewals as well as any necessary follow-up with physicians regarding medications and/or medical conditions.
9. Assures all physician orders are signed and implemented with-in 24 hours.
10. Maintains and monitors medication administration program.
11. Communicates in resident’s log any information that staff need to be aware of.
12. Performs supervisory visits 14 days after admission and every 62 days thereafter.
13. Works as a team player with all members of the resident care team.
14. Provides health and medication training to all new employees as well as continued education for all staff and documents such training to assure compliance with state, federal and local regulations. A minimum of eight inservices must be held per year.
Must have RN in Minnesota and valid driver's license.
Ecumen - 17 months ago