Under the guidance of the Invasive lab Nurse Manager, the Cardiac Cath RN II is Responsible for the delivery of age-appropriate professional nursing services through the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Supports the organization’s Mission and Vission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age, and cultural diversity. Inadditon, must have extensive knowledge of cardiac, interventional and neuro interventional pathophysiology , to include cardiovascular and neurological disease processes in the provision of care to patients undergoing cardiovascular, neurointerventional and interventional radiology procedures. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
1. Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
4. Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
5. Technically competent in tasks within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
6. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
7. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience
1. One year of acute care experience, preferably in a critical care setting.
2. EKG, dysrythmia interpretation and ST segment monitoring required.
3. Knowledge of EKG, dysrythmia interpretation and knowledge of ST segment required.
4. Hemodynaic monitoring of patients in an acute care setting is preferred.
1. Current RN License to practice in the State of Texas
2. BLS Training
3. ACLS and PALS Certification
C. Education and Training
Associates Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
University Medical Center of El Paso - 23 months ago