1 year of experience required
This position works to be a liaison between physicians/clinicians and IT services, advocating for change and enhancement of clinical information systems which support their daily workflow. This person must be well-versed in major IT initiatives impacting physicians and nursing, including IT project implementation. This role is responsible for the day-to-day support of physicians/clinicians using the clinical information systems at NAH. This role will communicate with physicians and nursing, actively listening, engaging them in discussion, maintaining logs of communication and effectively closing the loop on any questions, change or enhancement requests, and support needs. This job requires a working knowledge of Cerner Millennium, CPOE, hospital and physician healthcare information systems.
* Bachelor's degree - Preferred
* Associates degree in Nursing - Required
* 1 year of acute care nursing - Required
* Knowledge of basic office equipment - Required
* Previous experience with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook – Required
* Knowledge and prior experience with Cerner Applications - preferred
* Current Arizona RN Licensure - Required
* Certification in Nursing Informatics - preferred.
* Certification in Nursing/Clinical Informatics - preferred.
* Must be proficient in the use of system office applications.
* Must possess a basic understanding of integrated clinical systems.
* Must have highly developed interpersonal and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize needs rapidly.
* This position requires the ability to convey messages and thoughts clearly to a diverse audience, using both verbal and written mediums.
* Requires the ability to promote change among large groups of workers.
* Requires the ability to coordinate information and activities, work under stress of deadlines and frequent interruptions, and to possess analytical problem solving skills.
* Requires the maintenance of familiarity with clinical care processes and information technology.
Northern Arizona Healthcare - 18 months ago