The Labor and Delivery RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
's pain including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration management.
Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Instructs and educates patients and families.
Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring.
- Manages the patient
Required Job Qualifications include:
's of Science in Nursing preferred
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
HCA Inc - 22 months ago
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...