This is a great RN Case Management opportunity at the OptumHealth Bloomington, Mn location.
Work schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule of 8 hour shifts from Mon- Fri during the business units operating hours of 7:00am- 10:00pm (shift start times will begin from 7am- 1:30pm) NO weekends or hoildays
** Potential to work from home after 6 months if exceeding performance ex\pectations **
Responsibilities for this position include:
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Provides health education and coaches consumers on treatment alternatives to assist them in best decision making
- Supports consumers in selection of best physician and facility to maximize access, quality, and to manage heath care cost
- Coordinates services and referrals to health programs
- Prepares individuals for physician visits
- Assesses and triages immediate health concerns
- Manages utilization through education
- Identifies problems or gaps in care offering opportunity for intervention
- Assists members in sorting through their benefits and making choices
- Takes in-bound calls and places out-bound calls as dictated by consumer and business needs
- Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned
This position requires an integrated approach when servicing members. Key expectations are to focus on coordinating all available resources for members when they call in to utilize services. Position requires flexibility and ability to welcome, support, and excel in a fast paced environment that changes often to meet and exceed customer and member expectations.
Additional Preferred Assets:
- Current, unrestricted RN licensure for the state of Minnesota
- 3 or more years of Clinical RN experience, resulting in excellent clinical skills and judgment
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency with written and verbal communication skills
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Intermediate or expert level of proficiency with being able to assess and identify needs and being able to influence and motivate
- Understanding of change and ability to move members along the continuum of change
- Expert conflict management skills
- Able to work under pressure and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Coaching and/or decision support experience
- Strong inbound and outbound telephonic skills, or ability to quickly learn
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
key words: RN, nurse, case management, registered nurse, acute, clinical, Bloomington, nursing
UnitedHealth Group - 16 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...