This position requires flexibility in hours and days of the week to ensure adequate nursing coverage. Cooperative, positive and supportive communication skills are needed. This position is non-exempt. Exposure to blood borne pathogens in this position could occur with blood exposure accidentally; there is no regular contact with blood or high risk body fluids. Identifies and responds to residents’ needs in emotional and social areas, however, intervention in these areas does not fall within the definition of psychotherapy.
1. RESIDENT CARE AND TREATMENT – Establishes standards of nursing service practice in an effort to assure that residents receive quality care; evaluates resident conditions, activity and care modes for effective care planning; participates in individual habilitative plans, conferences, admission screenings and discharges, and resident reports and teaming when appropriate; is responsible for psychotropic medication monitoring; reviews resident diets with the dietitian, when necessary; and informs the Director of Community Site Nursing of issues to bring to the monthly Food Services meeting; administers, handles and orders medications; carries out MAR checks; oversees the scheduling of appointments to ensure proper referrals are made and treatment received, attendance at appointments as needed; transfers and discharges residents; notifies physician and/or other interdisciplinary team members of significant changes in resident status; completes body exams assuring routine charting, weights, vital signs and immunizations are completed for each resident.
2. REGULATION COMPLIANCE – Adheres to all policies, procedures and philosophies of The Phoenix Residence, Inc., and all rules and regulations of its licensing agencies, which includes those of the Minnesota Board of Nursing and the Nurse Practice Act.
• A current RN license for the RN Consultant position to practice nursing in the State of Minnesota.
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation instructor certification or the ability to complete.
• Certified Tardive Dyskinesia rater or ability to obtain.
• Experience in the treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Staff development training experience.
• Ability to assist with lifts and transfers, occasionally lifting up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to sit, stand, push/pull wheelchairs.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
• Ability to hear and see to make clinical assessments.
• Ability to travel between sites; if driving holds a valid driver’s license and maintains a satisfactory driving record.
- 2 years ago - save job