Heritage Nursing and Rehab Center , a 200-bed skilled nursing facility in Cedar Rapids, is now hiring caring and compassionate CNAs with strong work ethic to join our team. Full and part-time positions available; Call to inquire available shifts.
A National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred. The NCRC program is part of the Skilled Iowa Initiative program through Iowa Workforce Development. Visit www.skillediowa.org to learn more.
We invest in our CNAs professional development by providing NAHCA (National Association of Health Care Assistants) membership benefits as well as on-line training from Silverchair. The mission of NAHCA is to support CNAs and elevate the professional standing and performance of caregivers through recognition, advocacy, education and empowerment while building a strong alliance with health care providers to maximize success and quality patient care. NAHCA’s Virtual Campus of Care (NVCC) provides on-line education to our employees developed specifically for the long-term care industry.
Heritage NRC is owned and operated by Care Initiatives which has recently enhanced our anniversary bonus program. In return for your commitment to providing outstanding quality care, employees can earn $250 - $1500 per year based on their years of service. Both full and part-time employees are eligible. A full-time CNA in good standing is eligible for a $500 anniversary bonus on their one-year anniversary.
Care Initiatives is Iowa’s largest not-for-profit senior care providers with more than 50 locations throughout Iowa.
- Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as an RN. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- Current, valid CPR Certification.
- Knowledge of federal and state long-term care regulations and laws.
- Work history in long-term care setting and gerontological nursing.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately
Full-time Benefits (30+ hours/week):
* RN Loan Reimbursement Program (Associates Degree Only)
* BSN Tuition Assistance Programs for Management Level Positions
* Advancement / Transfer Opportunities Statewide
* Health Insurance
* Matching Retirement Plan (No Waiting Period To Receive Match)
* Dental & Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependant Care)
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay
* Direct Deposit
* Generous Anniversary Bonus
* Birthday T-Shirt Program
* On-line Training & Professional Development