Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) minimum
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and supervises individual patient care according to unit policies and procedures. Accepts responsibility for direction of co-workers in the implementation of care plans. May be required to work on other units according to distribution of staff and patients.
1. Completes nursing assessment of patient and documents appropriately into patient chart. Develops and reviews and revises a plan of care, including a discharge plan, based upon the assessment of patient's needs.
2. Implements medical and nursing orders per plan of care and documents appropriately. Evaluates patient's response to care.
3. Engages in patient and family teaching as appropriate.
4. Oversees staff assigned for providing patient care.
5. Collaborates with leadership to assure the integration of the ANA ’s Scope & Standards of Practice, assuring that these standards are identified as the measurement criteria for nursing practice on the unit.
6. Performs other duties as assigned, including clinical/technical skills as required by the specific department.
7. Completes all mandatory education and contact education requirements including 15 CEUs per year.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
ARU/TCU: Attends family conferences, patient care Conferences, and daily stand up meetings.
CARE CLINIC, SAME DAY SURGERY, AND PACU: Collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager to assure integration of ASPAN’s Standards of Perioperative Nursing Practice.
HOSPICE: Serves as patient case manager and focuses specifically on the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of the patient and family in a nurturing and supportive role. Attends the first available hospice volunteer training after acceptance of employment.
HOSPITALIST: Assists physicians with the identification of appropriate Core Measure patients and the criteria involved to assure compliance. Investigates Core Measure fall-outs. Assists physicians in the identification of and compliance with facility required training. Responsible for team building activities for the Hospitalist department.
RESOURCE POOL : Float within designated pod and clinical specialty; may be required to float to other inpatient pods.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates effective leadership and professional skills according to Standards of Care.
- Ability to assess a patient’s condition, formulate plan of care, select appropriate interventions, evaluate patient’s response to plan of care and to explain to patient/family about this process.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking; and perform calculations.
- Demonstrates excellent professional and clinical skills and utilization of the Nursing process of direct and indirect patient care which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care to meet patient needs and improve patient outcomes.
o ACLS required for Cardiac Rehab, Endoscopy, ICU and PCU and Telemetry
- Associate’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
- RN licensure in the State of Wyoming
- Specialty certifications as required per department:
o ACLS and PALS required for PACU
o TNCC required for ICU
o ACLS and TNCC required for Emergency Department and Clinical Decision Unit, PALS or ENPC required within one year of hire
o ACLS and NRP required for Labor & Delivery
o NRP required for Mother Baby and Nursery
o NRP and PALS or ENPC required for Pediatrics
o TNCC and CNOR required for Operating Room
o Completion of de-escalation training within three months of hire required for Behavioral Health
o ACLS and IV certification required for Hospitalist
o Resource Pool will be required to maintain certifications as required by designated pods and clinical specialty
o Minimum of five years ICU, ER or related experience for Hospitalist
- Experience as required per department:
o Minimum of one year medical or surgical nursing experience required for Care Clinic and Same Day Surgery
o Minimum of six months critical care experience required for PACU
o Minimum of six months experience required for Resource Pool
o ACLS and CAPA preferred for Same Day Surgery
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Specialty certifications as preferred per department:
o CPAN preferred for PACU
o MANDT and TNCC preferred for Hospitalist
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 18 months ago