Consistent with scope of licensure, parameters of the California Nurse Practice Act, and Mercy Medical Center (MMC) policy and procedure, renders direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patient populations.
Assesses patients for nursing needs, establishes and implements a problem oriented plan of nursing care, and evaluates the effectiveness of care provided. Provides immediate direction to other members of the nursing care team to assure the appropriate provision of nursing services.
Patient age populations served, and the specific competencies that comprise this job title may vary among nursing units. These specifics are found in the “Department / Unit Orientation & Initial Assessment of Competency” checklists for this unit/position, and –by reference – form a part of this job description.
1. Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse (RN) license with the state of California .
2. Must possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
3. Must posses and maintain a current Advance Critical Life Support (ACLS) certificate at the time of employment and or transfer. New Nurse Graduates must obtain one within 6 months of employment. .
4. Must posses and maintain a current Pediatrics Advance Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatrics Certified (ENPC) certificate at the time of employment. New Nurse Graduates must obtain one within 6 months of employment and or transfer.
1. Current MICN or TNCC certification
3. Previous acute or emergency experience a plus
4. Certification for Emergency Nurse (CEN) Certificate
Mercy Medical Center has been building a rich history of care in our community for more than 100 years. We have grown from a small one-story wooden structure into a major healthcare provider with a brand new 186-bed main campus, offering the latest in facility design and technology. Mercy also operates Outpatient Centers, a Cancer Center and several rural clinics.
Wherever you work throughout our system, you will find faces of experience with dedication to high quality, personalized care. Joining our 1,300 employees, 230 physicians and many volunteers, you can help carry out our commitment to providing our community with the excellence they have come to associate with Mercy Medical Center.
Dignity Health - 20 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...