Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse the RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with the laws governing nursing practice.
- Ensures that scope of duties and services provided are consistent and within the guidelines of the state nursing practice act.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients/residents histories, current progress and treatment goals.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when assessing patients/residents.
- Complies with established medication policies and procedures.
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized equipment.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Receives telephone orders from mid-level practitioner/M.D. and fulfills orders per established policies and procedures.
- Reassess patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and tends that required intervention or reporting to the mid-level practitioner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and possess ability to perform basic drug calculations
- Participates in rounds when appropriate
- Accepts patient assignments as directed by the Nurse Manger or Assistant Nurse Manager.
- Coordinates care with ancillary clinical departments to provide optimal patient care.
- Coordinates and oversees care delivered by LSAs.
- Ensures patient weights are performed and documented for patients as ordered
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for professional advancement.
- Actively participates in orientation of new employees.
- Possess ability to recognize changes in patient status with implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Verbalizes the Registered Nurse role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Performs other duties as assigned
§ Licensed Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
§ Preferred minimum of at least one (1) years experience in the acute/post-acute.
§ Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
§ Certified in BLS/CPR
§ Attend aggressive behavioral management training as required by the facility.
§ Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within thirty (30) days of hire.
Nexus Health Systems - 19 months ago