National Certification preferred
Recent acute care experience required
RN - OB
The staff nurse, under the supervision of the Director and/or Clinical Manager, is responsible for conducting initial and on-going assessments, developing the patient plan of care through the use of Clinical Pathways; directing and delivering patient care, patient and family education, identifying and correcting variances from the patient's Clinical Pathway and completing discharge planning. S/he follows accepted nursing practice and the policy/procedures at Flagstaff Medical Center. S/he is directly accountable to the specific Cluster Director and/or Clinical Manager. S/he assists and/or performs procedures that are within the scope of nursing practice. S/he seeks assistance and support when necessary, assists in data collection, organizes those aspects of patient care for which s/he is responsible and maintains accountability for own practice and those functions s/he delegates. Within a specified work period, s/he plans, implements and evaluates care that is consistent with overall admission to post-discharge plan. S/he practices within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing. This position may be caring for neonates, infants, children, adolescents and adults. S/he will have or develop the knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs of this population.
- Graduate from accredited School of Nursing - required .
- BSN - preferred.
- Recent Maternal Infant experience - preferred.
- Basic Fetal Monitoring experience - preferred.
- Current RN license, State of Arizona - required .
- National certification - preferred.
- NRP - required within 90 days of hire.
- BLS (American Heart Assoc.) required upon hire.
- ACLS - preferred.
- Call required; if yes, must be able to respond to hospital within 30 minutes.
Serving half the state of Arizona and employing nearly 3,000 people—including 300 physicians—Northern Arizona Healthcare is the largest...