Monitors and coordinates the delivery of health care services for individuals with developmental disabilities who are living in community based homes. Supervises the adequate completion of delegated nursing tasks to direct care staff and LPNs. Provides/participates in agency training. Responsible for ensuring that confidentiality is strictly maintained concerning all agency related information.
• Monitors and coordinates the delivery of preventive and routine health care for individuals with developmental disabilities
• Adheres to and ensures facility compliance with all Physicians, NP, PA, etc. orders
• Based upon the independent judgment of the RN, the RN has the authority to suspend and/or revoke the responsibility of a Direct Care Staff or LPN to perform or complete any delegated task
• Evaluates staff medication errors. Ensures that the plan of correction and retraining follows the Medication Error Point System.
• Based upon the independent judgment of the RN, the RN has the authority to suspend and/or revoke medication certifications and medication administration of the direct care staff or LPN
• Coordinates medical program needs with community services, medical providers and other related agencies
• Ensures adequate scheduling and completion of health related exams, appointments,
laboratory/ diagnostic testing as ordered or required.
• Accompanies individuals on appointments, if deemed necessary
• Monitors medication administration in the facility
• Completes a thorough Semi Annual Medication review (Non-ICF) or ensures a Pharmacist completes a Quarterly Medication Review
• Completes (Quarterly-ICF) Nursing review on each individual
• Updates the Plans of Nursing Services as health status and diagnosis change
• Within each month, completes a monthly breast exam on female individuals if ordered.
• Coordinates and provides health services training for staff
• Supervises delegated health related tasks to Direct Care Staff and LPNs
• Supervises medication administration responsibilities completed by Direct Care Staff and LPNs, and ensures current Medication Certification for Direct Care staff
• Provides agency Nursing On-call services as per policy
• Participates as an active member of the Interdisciplinary Team
• Provides agency training as required
• Participates in various nursing workgroups as assigned
• Maintains compliance with all applicable State/Federal regulations and agency policy and procedure
• Communicates issues and carries out all directives from Nursing Administration
• Maintains communication with LPN (as applicable), Med. Liaison, Program Manager, Program Administration, Service Coordinator and other staff as necessary
• Provides nursing coverage to all People Inc programs as directed by Nursing Administration
• Complies with all agency policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned by Nursing Administration
People Inc - 14 months ago