MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- The Professional Registered Nurse in surgery works under the direction or the Director of Surgical Services, the OR Unit Manager, the RN in Charge and/or the Nursing Supervisor. The surgical RN will function as a circulating nurse and is responsible for patient safety; pre-op, intra-op and post-op and will demonstrate appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care, including those in the patient population served. This care will be delivered in accordance with established standards of performance utilizing the AORN Standards, Recommended Practices and Guidelines.
- Position Summary Scrub Nurse: The scrub nurse's primary duties include setting up and maintaining a sterile field for patientâ€™ss including those in the patient population served. The scrub nurse will assist the surgeon, circulating nurse and other members of the surgical team as needed and perform other related duties as assigned. They will maintain familiarity with function and proper care of all OR equipment and instruments. All of the job duties and standards within this document will be performed according to established policies and procedures and guidelines within the surgery department and Trinity Hospital.
- Licenses and Certifications Required
- RN Licensure - current and valid in the state of ND.
- CNOR certification preferred, not required for RN Circulator.
- Maintains current Basic Life Support.
- Educational Requirements
- Graduate of approved professional school of nursing.
- Experience Requirements
- Preferred past work experience, but not required.
- Special Skills or Training Requirements
- Must be efficient, able to make appropriate judgments.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in applying principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively and harmoniously as a team member.
Trinity Health - 2 years ago