Colorado Nursing License Required
3 years of experience required
Provides initial information to patient/family regarding hospice services and assesses for hospice appropriateness; assists in admitting patients to hospice program. Obtains accurate documentation for medical record. Provides Hospice and patient information to appropriate parties. Acts as liaison with assigned hospitals, nursing homes, physicians to provide information regarding hospice and establish positive relationships.
- Provides patient assessment at various hospitals, nursing home and home locations according to The Denver Hospice criteria. Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates patient admission with Admissions Department, Team Manager, Medical Records, vendors, insurance provider, physicians, etc.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with referrers (physicians, discharge planners, social workers, etc.) and promotes the appropriate admission of patients to hospice care.
- Provides appropriate, timely documentation, fulfilling all the necessary requirements for patient/family assessments and admissions.
- Participates in The Denver Hospice meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned, e.g., PCN visits.
- Must have current Colorado RN license
- 3+ years nursing experience in hospice, home health, oncology, med-surg, ICU, ER, or acute care
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills with previous experience with an electronic medical record
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Must be willing to drive anywhere in the Denver Metro area, wherever the patient is located
Since 1978, The Denver Hospice has been a leader in hospice and palliative care. We offer a range of services to patients and families in...