Colorado Nursing License Required
3 years of experience required
- Provides on-going skilled nursing assessment and care (within the RN scope of practice) to patient/family. Initiates and modifies Plan of Care (psychological/social/spiritual) according to on-going assessments and in consultation with IDT and patient/family.
- Communicates current patient/family information, status, and level of care to patient/family, CNA, LPN, Manager, Primary Physician, and other IDT members.
- Educates patient, family and community regarding hospice philosophy and palliative treatments
- Provides timely and accurate documentation according to assignment and patient acuity in an electronic charting system.
- Evaluates need for other disciplines inpatient/family care in consultation with IDT. Directs and supports volunteers in consultation with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Actively participates in patient/family IDT meetings and team support.
- 3+ years nursing experience
- 1+ year recent experience in ICU, Oncology, Acute Care, Hospice, Med-Surg, Long-Term Care or related.
- Strong computer skills with experience charting in an electronic medical record highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively build relationships with patients, families, staff and other medical partners
Since 1978, The Denver Hospice has been a leader in hospice and palliative care. We offer a range of services to patients and families in...