RN Supervisor (1711)
Masonicare Health Center
16hrs/wk/8hrs/wk - Every Other Weekend
Evening Shift: 2:45pm - 11:15pm
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Nursing and the Vice President, Patient Care Services, has the authority and responsibility for carrying out established standards of practices and care and providing direction in the continuing provision of nursing services. Works in collaboration with Care Center Directors to take all reasonable steps to insure that the quality, safety and appropriateness of care are assured.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives to ensure that the standards of nursing practice are consistently met throughout the MGHC facility.
2. Upholds the nursing program during the off shift through the allocation of nursing personnel, coordination of nursing activities, supervision of nursing staff and serves as a clinical resource to all staff.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and skill to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to age, needs and abilities of the resident/patient in his/her assigned unit. Interacts professionally with staff, physicians, patients and families to ensure that care is effectively and efficiently delivered.
4. Communicates effectively to all staff through verbal reports and written documentation and attends necessary administrative meetings to disseminate important information to off shift staff.
5. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs both in and out of the facility.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing, BS in nursing or healthcare related field.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Registration and current RN license in the State of Connecticut CPR certification
Key Competencies: Ability to accurately assess and prioritize resident needs. Management/supervisory skills. Ability to resolve conflicts. Interpersonal skills. Excellent oral/written communication skills. Working knowledge of computers.