Reports directly to the Director of the RN to BSN Program and to the Executive Administrator. This position will be responsible for the operational aspects of the RN to BSN Program. Offers administrative support for Program Director and Faculty; manages faculty contracts, program expense requests and reports, and marketing activities in coordination with the Director; provides student services; monitors and tracks student information.
Examples of Duties
- Receive and refer inquiries (phone, email, walk-ins) about Program.
- Support the student admissions process face-to-face and online; provide information to prospective students.
- Support recruitment of students by designated recruiters and the Director.
- Manage acquisition and monitoring of marketing materials for the Program.
- Manage and communicate student program changes and necessary forms.
- Manage student services, such as name badges, course access (BBP, HIPAA, OL), etc.
- Manage and communicate to students the BRN Public Health Certification application process.
- Act as the resource for student referral to resources (student financial & registrar needs).
- Offer administrative support for Program Director and Faculty—Attend meetings, prepare and distribute minutes, assist Director with special projects, coordinate the preparation of course materials, etc.
- Manage acquisition of and monitoring of current changes to scholarship availability and provide scholarship information to students.
- Manage requests for and maintain faculty contracts each semester and track compliance.
- Manage the ordering process for textbooks and syllabi and support packets for all courses.
- Coordinate RN to BSN Program events, such as night zero, exit interviews, alumni reunions, etc.
- Monitor student compliance of contract requirements and documentation.
- Manage schedule preparation for cohorts and classes and procure classrooms.
- Manage Program evaluation data (IDEAS, surveys, exit interviews, data, etc.)
- Manage BRN required preceptor documentation (license verification, evaluations, etc.)
- Manage adjunct faculty needs (desk copies, keys, email accounts, mailboxes, etc.)
- Manage marketing activities in coordination with Director.
- Manage organization and security of student files.
- Create and manage a system to track student information (email addresses), program progression and degree postings).
- Manage preparation and tracking of Program expense requests and reports.
- Function at expert level with current APU Learning Management System (LMS), Sakai, and support virtual rooms such as Elluminate.
- Develop expert skills in emerging educational and communication technologies provided at APU.
- Coordinate and manage documentation of out of area/state students’ clinical experience.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
3-5 years administration, program management and/or budget experience showing progressively more responsibility for program development and implementation.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to direct multiple tasks concurrently. Organizational problem solving, and interpersonal skills. Strong oral and written communication skills. Proficient in Google applications, Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines. Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action. Self-starter with a positive attitude. In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard. Hearing and speaking on the telephone. Able to conduct business at other offices on campus. Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
Full-time position. Excellent benefits. Salary to be determined based on qualifications and experience.
This position is at the Inland Empire Regional Center in San Bernardino.
Azusa Pacific University - 19 months ago