Fox Filmed Entertainment News Corporation's motion picture and television programming operations bring the best in comedy and drama to audiences around the globe. Fox Filmed Entertainment is a global leader in movie production and distribution. Twentieth Century Fox Film is responsible for some of the top grossing movies of all time, including history's most successful movies, Avatar and Titanic.
In television production, Twentieth Century Fox Television, together with the Company's other TV studios, produce and distribute some of the world's most popular television programming. The Company's TV studios are leaders in animated series and supply many of the most popular series to each of the major U.S. networks. Visit us at http://www.foxmovies.com/.
Job Title: Administrator, RNOC & Data Center Operations
Department: IT Enterprise Infrastructure Services
The RNOC and Data Center Operations Administrator is a key position within the Fox Group Secure Content Delivery Systems organization, reporting to the Director of RNOC & Data Center Operations. The successful candidate will provide support for Foxs 7x24x365 Data Centers and Colocation facilities located domestically and internationally as well as our Remote Network Operations Center (RNOC), which is located in Phoenix, AZ.
The RNOC is responsible for the monitoring of Foxs global IT network, which consists of thousands of network devices, servers, storage components, WIFI access points and critical content delivery systems and applications in over 125 worldwide locations. RNOC responsibilities also include batch systems monitoring and incident response management.
Essential Data Center Operations functions include daily oversight, capacity planning, and rack management. This position will need to focus on continuous improvement and partner with peers and other IT leaders throughout the enterprise to maintain an effective balance of system/application controls and alerts.
- Contribute to the development of Fox's infrastructure monitoring architecture
- Ensure that alerts received from our monitoring tools are handled effectively and in a timely manner
- Will be required to ensure successful execution of automated batch schedules. Ensure that the RNOC is opening and closing tickets for all AutoSys job modifications on a daily basis
- Work closely with IT application teams and RNOC personnel to manage and modify shift Run-Sheets as needed, especially during holiday periods
- Manage the shift turnover sheets between RNOC shifts and Help Desk/RNOC teams
- Participate in incident response management: Ensure RNOC incident response is communicated in a timely manner, routed to the appropriate groups, escalated as needed and resolved
- Work with infrastructure teams to ensure equipment is removed from RNOC alerting process during maintenance windows and reinstated once completed
- Maintain the integrity of all data centers and colocation facilities by conducting monthly data center access reviews
- Ensure data centers room temperature is effectively monitored
- Ensure scheduled facilities and systems maintenance activities adhere to established change management process
- Maintain an inventory of all systems and data center infrastructure
- Maintain capacity planning information, equipment installation and de-installation process for all data center and colocation facilities
- Act as a liaison between infrastructure teams and vendors for Smart Hands coordination and support
- Ensure daily pick-up and drop-off of Recall backup tapes
- Maintain custodial Recall sheets on a daily and weekly basis
- Maintain copies of data center SOX audit records for AutoSys job schedules, maintenance of data center environmental equipment, SSAE16 reports, data center access listings, Recall authorized listings and offsite storage reports for all in-scope locations
- Participate in a wide range of IT and operations-related engagements. These projects may include server consolidation and virtualization, data center migration strategy, planning, and implementation as well as data center rationalization, optimization, consolidation or relocation activities
Processes and Procedures:
- Develop and enforce RNOC and Data Center policies and procedures
- Ensure priority 1, 2 & 3 incidents are properly addressed, routed and escalated to the appropriate vendor and/or Fox IT team for resolution within established Service Level Agreements
- Achieve IT operations operational objectives by maintaining current systems; evaluate, recommend, and test new RNOC automation processes and technologies
- Implement processes and procures related to production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends; determine system improvements; implementing change
- Determine IT operations service requirements by analyzing needs of users/departments; prioritize modifications to core system RNOC components; resolves organizational conflicts; develop and implement documentation requirements for problem resolution. Maintain a constant improvement program for RNOC and Data Centers
- Ensure all change management procedures are followed to maximize system uptime and stability
- Focus on process improvement opportunities. Partner with peers to reduce system and application alerts
- Respond to requests for services and changes to service according to company policy and procedures regarding approval and authority in a timely manner
- Participate in the auditing of systems and practices
- Participate in maintaining and exercising disaster management and recovery plans
Application Processing Support:
AP Bank Transmissions - process morning and afternoon bank transmissions.
i) Process downloads from various banks via FTP and transfer to a shared folder accessible by Fox Financials department
ii) Process PeopleSoft batch jobs to create and convert files which will then be transmitted to the banks
iii) Confirm that the banks received the files, compare totals from what the bank receives and report discrepancies to the Fox PeopleSoft Administration support team
iv) Escalate issues to various departments and personnel for assistance in resolution
Payroll & W-2 Processing
i) Monitor successful batch processing
ii) Responsible for in-house printing of various checks and reports utilizing the PeopleSoft HCM application tool
iii) Attend to the physical printing of checks and upon completion, pack and deliver the checks to the Payroll department and Mail Room
iv) Assist with the printing and oversight of W2 forms annually
Other Duties As Required
News Corporation - 15 months ago