Deployment Support Engineer position available working in a team oriented environment to deliver world class support to customers using our FPGA based Rapid Prototyping System. You’ll enjoy the opportunities and challenges of providing in-depth technical support, driving solutions to critical product issues while working with the customer and R&D to improve our product. Responsibilities include responding to and resolving customer product issues, often with limited information, training new customers and developing and delivering product methodology guidance. You will also create application notes, methodology guides and reference designs for customers, allowing a more self-sufficient customer experience. Responsibilities will also entail helping test and bring to market future generation Rapid Prototype Platform products, including porting existing designs and creating new designs that push the limits of the product features, and working with customers in a Beta test environment.
This position requires a BS-EE/CE with 5+ years (MS-EE/CE preferred) in design and/or verification of complex digital designs, or Applications engineering / Support role. Requirements include:
Up to 20% travel may be required
- Strong Verilog skills, experience with VHDL a plus. Ability to create test cases to reproduce customer issues quickly.
- Strong Technical expertise with Altera and/or Xilinx FPGAs along with experience in FPGA timing closure
- Strong customer facing skills, including strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong experience with simulation and verification tools
- Strong knowledge of general design debug techniques including specific knowledge of FPGA design debug. Ability to quickly debug issues with limited information, delivering workarounds while a final resolution is developed.
- Experience with emulation, Cadence’s Palladium product preferred
- Experience with Auspy FPGA partitioning tools desired
- Excellent multi-tasking skills required
- Strong scripting and Unix skills required
- Experience with hardware debug tools like logic analyzer and oscilloscope a plus.
Cadence is the global leader in software, hardware, and services that is driving the transformation of the electronic design automation (EDA) industry. This application-driven approach for creating, integrating, and optimizing designs helps customers realize Analog & Digital ICs , System-On-Chip devices, IP and complete systems at lower costs and with higher quality.
Cadence is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Back to top
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (Cadence) develops electronic design automation (EDA) software and hardware. It licenses software, sells or...