SunGard’s Managed Recovery Program provides focused resources with specialized capabilities that provide value to their customers by managing and providing continuous improvements to their Business Continuity and Recovery operations. During a recovery or declared disaster, customers are able to focus their attention and resources to business, facilities and personnel issues on their location/s affected by the disaster. Based on an ITIL operating foundation, SunGard’s Managed Recovery team will lead, manage and execute the customer’s recovery plan to restore the systems and business applications. This leads to a more expedient return to normal operations for the customer, while ensuring that the continuity of business operations continues.
About the Position:
The Recovery Solution Architect (RSA) for the Managed Recovery Program is responsible for:
Developing and validating solution architectures that will enable Sungard’s customers to recover their business applications in the appropriate RTO/RPO values. Be the single point of ownership for the customer solution and provide technical leadership to SME’s and the customer. The RSA will conduct their engagements in a collaborative manner. The RSA will coordinate technical resources on the engagement. Develop customer facing architecture and recovery strategy documentation. Ensure successful fail-over and fail-back of the customer’s application during transition. Provide a thorough transition to the steady state team of the customer’s design and DR strategies.
The RSA leads client discovery toward development of detailed recovery procedure documentation (RPD) by a team of Procedure Documentation specialists. Execution of RPD during recovery tests validates RSA solution design, while delivering a highly successful client recovery test experience. This diverse and technically talented team of Recovery Solution Architects consists of experts across Multiple Platforms, Operating Systems, Storage Configurations, Backup Technologies, and Network Topologies and Protocols.
- Do you have what it takes? We are looking for a solid blend of the following skills. At least 10 years of experience architecting enterprise solutions from concept to actual build out and operation.
OT Required Technical Competencies
o CommVault, Netbackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, Networker and Data Domain
- VMWare ESX and associated DR capabilities
- Backup and Storage solutions to include physical and virtual environments. At least one of the following backup solutions:
o Oracle and MS-SQL technologies
- Specific knowledge of Applications and best practices related to backup/restore and
- Specific knowledge of Databases and best practices related to backup/restore
Additional Preferred Technical Competencies:
- Must have the ability to analyze technical documentation and identify gaps/risks
- Strong writing skills to produce technical documentation is a MUST
- Ability to lead technical working sessions
- Strong knowledge of network and systems design principles including routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers
- Infrastructure services recovery to include DNS, Active Directory and other Directory Services implementations
- Advanced knowledge Multi-Tier Application architecture design
- Application Recovery (MS Exchange, SAP, SharePoint)
- RDBMS Recovery (MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- At least one of the following backup technologies: CommVault, NetBackup, Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), Networker , Data Domain
- Proficient in at least one of the following replication technologies: EMC Avamar, Hitachi TrueCopy, EMC HomeBase, FalconStor , EMC RecoverPoint, IBM Global Mirror
- Virtualization (VMware ESX, Microsoft’s Hyper-V, VMM, & Virtual Server, Xen)
- RHEL/CentOS versions (4, 5, 6)
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technology discipline
- Willing to travel 25-40% of the time
Sungard AS - 8 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...