- Degree Required
Education: Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program or appropriate training in vascular technology and sonography. Registered preferred or registry eligible per ARDMS or CCI requirements
Training and Experience: Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, associates, patients and visitors.
Job Knowledge: Delivers appropriate care to patients from neonatal through geriatrics with regards to age specific considerations (see attached sheet).
A registered or registry eligible sonographer who is responsible for vascular diagnostic exams including ultrasounds in any area of the hospital including special care units. May be assigned supervisory responsibilities when adequately prepared. Participates in rotating call schedule for nights and weekends. Must be willing to learn echocardiogram procedures as required.
Responsible for patient care and testing including but not limited to the following:
· Performs vascular exams according to departmental protocol with flexibility to accommodate physician requirements.
· Performs vascular ultrasounds (carotid duplex and venous duplex scans) according to departmental protocol and physician standards.
· Performs treadmill stress test and stress echocardiograms, exercise and pharmacological exams.
· Performs segmental doppler exams according to departmental protocol.
· Effectively documents procedures in patient's medical records.
· Performs EKG's appropriately.
White County Medical Center - 11 months ago