The Washington Nationals Racing Presidents have been a mainstay at Nationals games since 2006. Originally a scoreboard video feature, the Presidents came "to life" in 2006. The are regularly featured on ESPN and have garnered the GameOps.com "Best OF On-Field Promotion" award three of the last six years. The Racing Presidents not only race in the mid-4th inning, but also greet fans at the gates before home games and Meet and Greet with the fans after race until the bottom of the 5th inning in the GEICO photo area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take on the person of the Racing President you encompass.
- Greet fans during pre-game.
- Race in the mid-4th President's Race.
- Participate in the GEICO photo station following the end of the race until bottom of the 5th inning.
- Take part in the 7th Inning Stretch.
- Take part in outside appearances as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to perform Essential Functions
- Must be 18 year or older.
- Previous mascot experience is preferred, but not required.
- Take part in the annual tryout (tryouts are by invitation only)
Physical / Environmental Requirements
- Ability to run from centerfield to first base (approximately 200 yards) in a 50 pound costume.
- Ability to properly function in while wearing a 50 pound costume.
- Availability from March 2013- November 2013 as well as other appearances as needed.
- Must be between 5'7" and 6'6" in height
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/ down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.