Job Summary : Program has 4 radiation oncologists utilizing 3 Varian accelerators. Stereotactic radiotherapy and radiosurgery for brain, lung, liver and spinal malignancies.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to :
Radiation safety compliance needs of Radiation Oncology as the primary site. The position carries the implicit responsibility to apply regulations, standards and guidelines of the following agencies, commissions and organizations which have mandated, or otherwise recommended, the specific activities and documentation:
1. State of Maine Radiation Control Program inspections of facility and records
2. BRH (Bureau of Radiologic Health) federal guidelines
3. Assists with The Joint Commission inspections of facility and records
4. ACR (American college of Radiology) accreditation standards compliance
5. ACOS (American college of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer)
Education/Experience Requirements :
· MS or PH.D required in medical physics.
· ABR/ABPM certification or be eligible for ABR certification in radiation oncology physics.
· Board-eligible applicants preference to those who have graduated from CAMPEP-approved degree programs and/or CAMPEP-approved program.
Other skills required :
· Strong computer science program.
· Strong computer skills for the management of radiation clinical and safety information
· Excellent problem solving skills with a practical approach to applications
· Ability to work independently
· Working knowledge of radiation safety principles
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to perform the complex mathematical calculations required to carry out radiation physics functions
· Ability to communicate with physicians, healthcare professions, department staff, students and patients
· Provide support and oversight to dosimetry staff.
· Visa Waiver eligible entity
Physical Requirements : Must possess mobility to travel between various sections of the department/hospital/cancer center; must possess manual dexterity to grasp and manipulate large/small objects, thick/thin objects, use a computer keyboard and calculator and use writing implements such as a pen, pencil, markers, etc. Must be able to sit approximately 50% of working hours. Must possess visual acuity necessary to read digital/electronic readouts, and to discern information from computers, calculators, electronic controls, printed documents, charts and diagrams. Must be able to wear a lead protective apron weighting approximately 10pounds when required. Must be able to lift equipment weighing approximately 20 pounds. Must be able to move within narrow, confined areas, etc. Regular attendance is required.
Working environment : must work with video display terminals for up to 70% of an assigned shift. Will work with hazardous materials and equipment. May be exposed to patients with the spectrum of medical problems as seen in hospital setting.
EMHS - 24 months ago