Job Description: Sales Position
- Sell advertising air time on the radio stations to current and potential customers
- Prospect and sell new advertising
- Learn and understand the radio business and industry
- Work and research
- Prepare and present presentations to customers and potential customers
- Be an efficient and organized time manager
- Represent Cumulus proudly and professionally to the business community
- Provide high level of customer service to Cumulus customers
- Create effective promotions
- Create effective and result oriented campaigns for Cumulus customers
- Integrate yourself between departments within our company
- Take initiative toward solving problems and recommending creative advertising solutions
Attitude and Skill:
- Courage, confidence, empathy, enthusiastic, detail oriented, professional, integrity, takes initiative, creative, organized, flexible, outgoing, personable, passionate
- College degree preferred
- Familiarity with the business community in Harrisburg and surrounding area
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER IN RADIO SALES?
Respect, Compensation & Opportunity for growth in a Diverse & Vibrant Industry
Radio Sales Executives Earn Exceptional Compensation!
If you like being fairly compensated for your efforts, then radio is a great career to consider. How much money you earn in any sales job is directly related to your productivity.
Radio Offers You Professional Growth Opportunity!
The radio industry has more opportunity than ever before. For example, most radio salespeople today sell advertising on more than one station. Because they now represent a wider variety of formats, radio salespeople now have the opportunity to sell to a wider variety of customers. They can also combine the stations they represent to achieve more success for their customers.
You will be Respected in the Media Community!
Today's' Cumulus Radio Sales Representatives are accustomed to doing business with the top companies in town! Successful radio salespeople are a valuable resource to the advertisers in the community.
You'll Be a Part of a Diverse and Vibrant Industry!
Tune up and down the radio dial and you'll find many different formats, each carefully researched and designed to appeal to a particular segment of listeners. The people you will work with inside those station groups are diverse too. The broadcasting industry is eager to find the best talent, and that talent comes in many different packages!
You'll Receive Valuable Training!
If you do not have experience in radio sales, no problem! Cumulus understands the value of properly training their employees. Cumulus Radio Sales Representatives say that their sales training was "good" or "excellent". Entering the profession in this new era ensures that you'll get the right training and tools to have a successful career.
You'll Put Your Creativity to Work!
Selling advertising for a radio station isn't like selling copiers or cell phones. There's a lot more creativity that goes into marketing your station and the radio "product". You won't simply by selling "air". You'll be helping create the commercial message that fills that airtime. You'll also learn to schedule the commercials effectively, help in the creation of their content, and work with your customers to develop their entire marketing plan. A Cumulus Radio Sales Representative helps turn an intangible product or service into a unique marketing campaign by using their own creativity.
And besides, working in the broadcasting business is hardly like working for a bank or insurance company. Radio is "show biz". Participating in community events, helping design and execute promotions and working with the on-air personalities add extra spice to a job that is unique from any other industry.