The Radio Sales Director is responsible for growing online radio advertising revenue, selling into broadcast budgets in the LA territory. The candidate will have proven ability to position digital media to traditional media buyers.
This is a high-adrenaline, client-facing role requiring a proven track record driving sales and closing business. The candidate will have transactional experience selling Network and Spot radio advertising, developing major accounts, and contracting for business. This role requires good relationships with ad agency and brand contacts in the radio space, and an intimate understanding of how they make marketing, budgeting and media buying decisions. The Radio Sales Director is also expected to drive annual upfront contract sales in the territory.
In addition to our flagship online audio advertising product, our inventory also consists of pre-roll video, banners, takeovers, skins and custom opportunities from high-profile radio and music sites.
The Radio Sales Director will have quarterly revenue targets and will be expected to achieve them by prospecting new clients, growing the scope of business of existing clients, and working with internal teams to deliver innovative advertising solutions to drive new revenue. The candidate will be equipped to deliver unparalleled programs, data, and service to key customers, and manage the overall business relationships to ensure clients’ needs and requirements are met.
- Develop the market for Internet Radio advertising and command presence in your region as the outside sales lead for broadcast accounts by being an expert in Internet Radio
- Develop account strategies to drive long term revenue growth, develop RFP responses and programs, and drive upfront media buying
- Build strategic level relationships with clients and agencies
- Generate high level campaign ideation to meet client objectives
- Manage the sales pipeline and drive revenue through consultative media/solution sale
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Senit, Senior Sales Director: email@example.com
- 5-10 years proven track record in a radio advertising sales role, with proven ability to achieve sales goal
- Established relationships within the LA region with key Network and Spot radio advertising decision makers
- Strong knowledge of traditional radio advertising as well as contemporary online marketing
- Ability to work independently, build pipeline, and generate new business in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep passion for, and keen understanding of, the Internet Radio market, a vision for its growth, and a commitment to advance TargetSpot’s leadership vision in it
- Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree
TargetSpot is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)