High School graduate or equivalent required
Works under the supervision of the Clinical Manager and the general direction of the Director of Radiology. Performs diagnostic x-rays, special procedures, surgical procedures and portable exams.
1. Maintains a positive work environment by demonstrating positive interpersonal relations with co-workers, physicians, patients and others.
2. Supports and follows Hospital, Departmental and regulatory policies and procedures, including HIPPA.
3. Obtains appropriate, comprehensive medical history before performing procedures.
4. Prepares patients for procedures.
5. Performs all diagnostic x-ray and designated special procedures, ensuring that all studies meet the established standards of the radiologists, radiation oncologists and other involved referring physicians.
6. Provides appropriate information to patient and family during exams to provide a calming influence throughout the study.
7. Assists the radiologist/radiation oncologist and other referring physicians in performing special procedures as designated.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Ability to interact and communicate effectively with patients, families, visitors, Physicians and staff
· Must be able to handle extremely stressful and emotional situations
· Ability to perform precise and delicate manipulation of computer data
· Ability to calculate and interpret numbers
· Ability to analyze and synthesize data
· ARRT registry in Radiology and within 12 months of hire
· Wyoming State license
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- 17 months ago - save job
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is a 222-bed hospital, located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We provide exceptional patient care and are passionate...