Physicians Immediate Care is a Midwest leader in urgent care and occupational health services with more than 20 locations in four states and growing rapidly! No appointments are required and most clinics are open seven days a week, up to 12 hours a day, to treat non-life threatening illnesses and injuries.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Radiologic Technologist with a passion for customer service and patient care to join our team.
Working under the supervision of a medical provider and as part of a dedicated clinic team the Radiologic Technologist is responsible for providing radiology, clinical and administrative support within the clinic setting:
- Responsible for performing accurate routine x-rays that assist with patient diagnosis. Practices radiation safety precautions to maintain the lowest levels of radiation exposure dose to self and the patient.
- Responsible for preparing and sending over-reads & Radiologist readings plus, reporting over-read results to providers and providing reports to medical records.
- Responsible for patient call backs; scheduling physician referrals; patients education and maintaining finalized radiologist dictation reports.
- Provides assistance to the provider with examinations, procedures, or other activities as directed.
- Collects vital signs and performs ancillary tests and tasks
- Maintains supplies, prepares exam rooms, sterilizes equipment, and maintains cleanliness of clinic.
- Welcomes patients and visitors, answers inquiries and directs them through registration process to prepare patients for health care visit.
- Assists patients with insurance documentation and billing questions. Obtains required information for processing medical charges.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Graduate of a certified school of radiography and current state licensure (if applicable) required.
- At least two (2) years experience with routine radiography is preferred. Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.) registration and continued compliance with the continuing education standards set forth by the A.R.R.T.
- Clinical Assistant experience is preferred.
Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage with care and tact when dealing with sensitive and confidential patient issues.
Knowledge of operation and maintenance of the radiology equipment and the demonstrated ability to work independently required.
Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including HIPAA and OSHA.
Requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time. Some bending and stooping is required.
Must be able to use manual dexterity in relation to radiology requirements.
Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
Typical hours of operation of our clinics are Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 8:00 pm and weekend hours 7:30 am - 4:00 pm (Hours may vary by clinic). Select clinics are open on holidays. Our clinic team members rotate weekends and holidays.
Physicians Immediate Care - 30+ days ago