BLS- Basic Life Support
MRT- Medical Radiologic Technologist
R.T. (ARRT)- Radiologic Technologist
POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of personalized, professional and quality patient care, internal and external customer service, performance of all diagnostic x-ray examinations, transportation of patients to and from Imaging Services, preparation of all departmental paperwork, answering the department’s telephone, scheduling of patients, entering and retrieving patient information from the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) and Hospital Information System (HIS) and maintaining the work area in a clean and organized manner.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Maintains effective communication with medical staff, administrative staff, nursing staff and other team members.
· Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding principles into its radiology practice.
· Ascertains the delivery of patient care is provided in a personalized, professional and quality manner.
· Ascertains that Joint Commission, local, state and federal accrediting and licensing bodies’ requirements are met.
· Ascertains that the delivery of patient care is compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
· Assists in the Quality Assurance / Improvement Program of Imaging Services.
· Performs quality control on equipment and notifies management immediately of any potential malfunction or hazard of equipment.
· Adheres to appropriate radiation safety, practicing the concept of As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA).
· Explains diagnostic x-ray procedure to the patient and/or family member in a thorough and professional manner.
· Performs diagnostic x-ray examinations to include routine, fluoroscopic, portable and surgical procedures.
· Ascertains appropriate radiographic parameters (MAS, KVP, positioning, etc.) are utilized, providing physician with a quality radiographic image.
· Documents digital image with appropriate radiographic identification markers.
· Enters and retrieves patient information from the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) in a proficient manner.
· Enters and retrieves patient information from the Hospital Information System (HIS) in a proficient manner.
· Provides minimal nursing care to patient, ascertaining the patient is comfortable in the department. Seeks additional nursing or physician assistance when necessary.
· Transports patients to and from Imaging Services ascertaining that the patient is relocated without injury or incident.
· Prepares and maintains department paperwork, verifying accuracy of information.
· Ascertains that the delivery of patient care and billing are compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
· Ascertains that patient charges are entered correctly.
· Releases patient information in accordance with policies and procedures and accrediting and regulatory agencies.
· Answers telephones in a courteous and professional manner within three (3) rings.
· Schedules patient examinations according to departmental procedures.
· Maintains x-ray procedure rooms and work area in a clean and organized manner.
· Any other duty that may be assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
· Previous employment as a Radiology Technologist preferred, but not necessary.
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· Registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) preferred.
· Licensed by the Department of State Health Services Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT)
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Seton Healthcare Family - 17 months ago