This PRN position could possibly become a FT position within the next several months.
1. A clear understanding of patient monitoring, monitoring equipment and emergency equipment.
2. A clear understanding of surgical scrub technique, aseptic technique and universal precautions.
3. Experience performing complex vascular procedures as first scrub.
1. Prep patients in the appropriate manner and assist the physician during procedures.
2. Care for all patients appropriately, according to their patient population, meeting physical, safety and psychosocial needs.
3. Use radiation protection measures in accordance with Center protocols.
4. Obtain a medical history and document appropriately in the EMR.
5. Utilize BCLS training to assist in a patient care emergency including performing CPR and airway management.
6. Identify early signs of contrast media reactions.
7. Administer oxygen in a safe and proper manner including all aspects of patient care, evaluation and complications management.
8. Secure and manage all aspects of patient care and interventional inventory.
9. Daily management and updating of the Inventory Control system.
The preceding description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.