Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Railroad Project Manager. This position reports to the Vice President of PB’s Railroad Division, Transit & Rail Systems technical resource center, and is responsible for leading a program to expand PB’s market share in the Rail Market Sector. This position may serve as Project Manager on one or more projects involving the design and construction of passenger and freight railroad infrastructure and systems. This position will also be heavily involved in pursuit management, marketing, and other business planning tasks in order to expand PB’s rail practice. The candidate must be capable of applying diversified knowledge of rail engineering/planning principles and practices and business development skills.
- Based on an in-depth knowledge of the US railroad industry, provides information for input into a database, of upcoming railroad infrastructure design and construction projects.
- Plays a lead role in the development and execution of a strategic freight rail marketing plan. Leads the development of proposals relating to freight rail infrastructure projects.
- Recruits personnel with experience in the design and construction of passenger and freight railroad infrastructure projects.
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships with one or more Class I freight railroad carriers. Will serve as primary point of contact with a designated Class1 freight carrier.
- Manages medium to large railroad infrastructure projects. Demonstrated ability to independently make decisions on significant engineering problems and issues arising on such projects.
- Provides technical and engineering expertise for railroad infrastructure projects.
- Participate in the selection and hiring of staff/consultants and oversees their activities to ensure adequacy, completeness, economy, operational feasibility and maintainability of design associated with freight railroad projects.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of resources (i.e. staff/consultants). Develops and implements all systems and procedures for effective staff utilization. Develops and maintains a strict compliance to the program control policies for schedule, cost and document control for all projects.
- 15+ years progressively responsible management experience in the design, construction and /or planning of passenger and freight railroad infrastructure projects including capacity improvements, public projects and intermodal facilities.
- Supervisory experience in the design, construction and/or planning of passenger and freight rail infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated leadership with strong verbal/oral skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships within the US freight railroad industry.
- Candidate must have recent senior level experience in the design, construction and/or planning of freight rail infrastructure projects for one or more US Class I freight rail carriers.
- Ability to work in this country immediately required.
- BS in Engineering, Transportation, or Business Administration from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is highly desirable.
Ability to work in another U.S. office location is an option
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 18 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...